Performing at the Halloween Student Showcase
Every year, around Halloween, Brass Butterflies throws a party and puts on a show for our friends and family. Halloween is the time of year we let loose, get creative and can be anyone or anything we want to be. Our evening Halloween show is for our adult students and guests only. This year's event will be held on Friday, October 26th.
Are you interested in performing in the show? There are a few different ways you can participate, ranging from fully instructed, choreographed troupes, to DIY choreographed performances. Read on to learn more about the different options. All performers need to register as soon as possible to reserve their spot (scroll down to register) as interest in performing at this event has grown year over year and we will be capping registrations for DIY performances this year so that our show is just the right length for our guests. We don't want anyone turning into pumpkins after all!
Student Performance Troupes
(Instructed 8 Week Sessions)
This year we have four different performance troupe options for you; Pole Dancing, Mixed Aerials, Acro Yoga and Classic Burlesque with Sassy Ray! These troupes will meet at set times each week for the 7-8 weeks leading up to the show. Performance troupes are led by Brass Butterflies instructors who create and teach choreography for the participants, and the session culminates in performing a group number at the showcase on Friday, October 26. Absolute beginners with no dance experience can join the Burlesque and Acro Yoga troupes. For the Pole and Aerial troupes, any student who has completed the Intro level at Brass Butterflies in their chosen apparatus (or equivalent) may join. No performance experience required. Each participant will be given choreography that will highlight their strengths, appropriate to their level. Troupe members are guaranteed 8 hours of instruction, a dress rehearsal, plus free access to "performer-only" practice and rehearsal times in the studio, all included in the registration fee.
Monarch Members $99 + HST (plus pay fee once, participate in as many troupes as you want)!
Chrysalis Members $99 + HST per troupe
Students registered in one or more 8-Week Curriculum Classes during the September/October Session $149 + HST
Students not also registered in another curriculum class during the session $199 + HST
Independent Solo, Duet or Small Group Performances
Would you like to perform with your own choreography? Confident that you can Do-It-Yourself, but need some time to practice in the studio? You've got it! This year we will be charging a nominal fee to DIY performers, however please read on to see what you get in exchange for you registration fee.
What you get:
- We will post at least two exclusive "performers only" practice times per week in the 8 weeks leading up to the showcase. That's a minimum of 16 possible free practice times. These practice times will be shared only with other showcase performers.
- Each performer or group will also be given 1 hour of private studio time, sometime in the weeks leading up to the showcase, to be scheduled at a mutually convenient time.
- Full Dress Rehearsal, with lighting, where you'll receive feedback and tips on your performance
- Free admission to the showcase for yourself plus one free ticket for a friend or family member (value $20 each)!
- Access to a closed Facebook group just for performers where we will post details about logistics and you can also post questions and video to get feedback from your fellow performers
- A copy of your edited performance video to share with friends and family who couldn't be there
PLEASE NOTE: DIY Performance spots will be allocated on a first come first served basis. We will be accepting 8 pole and 8 aerial performances. You will be contacted shortly after you submit your application to confirm if your spot has been reserved.
Private Instruction for Solos/Duets/Small Groups:
We have customizable packages that can include full choreography and private lessons leading up to the showcase or just a few private/semi-private lessons to help you polish your own choreography or ideas. If you'd like to go this route, please talk to reception or email email@example.com to enquire.